RainFX is a Photoshop extension for creating rain effects. It can variate angle, density, speed, wind strength, levels of rain to get the desired look.
- Tweak the parameters to get the perfect result. RainFX is intuitive, fast and enjoyable to use.
- Just press “Let it rain” button and lean back.
Panel UI Controls
- Angle: the angle of the rain (0 – 180)
- Density: the density of the rain (1 – 100). Combine this with speed.
- Speed: the speed of the rain (1 – 100). Adds motion blur to the rain to simulate speed.
- Wind strength: the wind effect on the rain (0 – 5). The higher the number more wind is blowing and rain gets more scattered.
- Levels of rain: add depth to the rain effect by adding more levels of rain (1 – 10). Translated to the language of a Photoshop user it means how much layers of rain will be created.
- “Auto update” option: gives you an interactive approach to creating the rain effect. With each parameter change the rain automatically updates.
- “Merge group” option: merges current rain effect parameters into one layer so you can for example add more variation by changing the parameters and then merging the group again.
- Bonus feature: If “Merge group” option is not enabled every layer inside “rain_FX” group can be turned on and off so you can tweak the result even further and therefore achieve the look you want.